Friday, November 26, 2010

Fictitious marsupial creature seamed, assembled and patched

After some work over the last two days I've finally just finished assembly and patching of seams of my fictitious carnivourous marsupial. One word describes the seaming, assembly and patching of this creature: fiddly. Very fiddly. Not unenjoyably so, but a challenge. I've improved my silicone seaming greatly, but still have much room for improvement.

She still isn't painted yet but I thought I'd do a bit of a photo update and show the work in progress before hand painting using silicone paints and punching in a 'crest' of hair along the back. Although I possibly could do an experiment with airbrushing thinned down silicone paints if I bought another airbrush to fit our existing compressor.

I decided to photograph the creature on a non-stick baking tray as it had a bit of an autopsy look to it.

Side front:



Facing up, the creature on its back:



Side back:



Close up rear:




Close up front:



Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment