Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Momen-toes!

Recent work on a short film called Fetish directed by Danny Matier called for a severed toe wound effect and a severed toe. While I did make-up for this short Alana's sharp eyes were focused on continuity, doing the tricky role of script supervisor. Was a fun film to have crewed on and met some great people. I ended up making the silicone toe at the last minute, lifecasting the actor on set the night before the toe was required on set the next day. Not what I'd normally do. The versions I got on set were basically the same as the ones below with one exception: no hair. I forgot my hair punching tool and only remembered when halfway to location. Too late. So they were without hair. I ended up making a number of toes as momen-toes (forgive the pun) for the crew and the lead actors, a little something to remember the film by. I hope they like em!

No comments:

Post a Comment