Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New Decaying Corpse Sculpt

Just finished my first decaying corpse sculpt! The plan is to make a fibreglass mould of this later this week with Mady. The sculpt was quickly done in plasticine on an old stone life cast. Plasticine is much faster to work with compared to the Chavant NSP clay I've been using recently for making prosthetics. It is also a fair bit stickier and I had a little ball of clay in my left hand constantly while sculpting just for removing hairs and particles.









This sculpt is somewhat more an experiment with textures and working with plasticine as well as practicing two part fibreglass mould making than a serious piece for portfolio, having said that it has turned out okay for a really fast sculpture. I also refinished the surface with white spirits but made the mistake of doing this indoors and then had to move the fumey sculpt to the doorway and get a fan blowing the fumes out the door...

No comments:

Post a Comment